Saturday, September 1, 2012

Ways I keep Precious Moments of Little Ones young

I thought this was the perfect time to write about this kind of topic because I feel like everyone of my Preggie Friends are having their little ones! Also, because my youngest will be turning 1 year old this month! (I still am in shock!) So I went in my Memory box that I have all different sorts of things I have kept of memories. Anyone but me would call it clutter. It's in a box so technically it's not;) I am ALL about memories.. I love to look at pictures from the past or papers I've kept that have meaning.. I'll make sure I save going into detail for another post..

So as I went through all my memories of my little ones I thought that maybe it would help out new Mommies or Future Mommies to think of ways of keeping their little ones young in that sort of way. I will be honest that with my First I kept a lot. Also, I will add that I have learned other ways of keeping memories as I have grown wiser;) So here are my ways of keeping my memories young of my Monkeys! 

Going Home clothes
One great way to keep a little memory of taking your Little one home is to keep their "Going Home" outfit. I know that you probably will have a hard time to part from a lot of their wardrobe like I did. I promise that as long as you have 1-2 outfits you will be fine.. I kept 6. Yes, I am crazy and I just can't let go (trying not to make excuses).. I want my Boys to see how little they were and pass it down to their little ones. So one day they can look at pictures and see what I have kept for them.  Some other memorable outfits you can keep are ones from First Baptism or Hospital Onesie you received from the hospital. Choose one that takes you back to that very moment you put it on him/her.

"Birth Earth"
This is my absolute favorite. For my First Baby shower I got a little glass jar with a cork on top and a piece of paper that said "Birth Earth". My sweet Aunt told me to put the earth (dirt, sand, etc.) from where I had Monkey in the jar to keep. I had never heard of anything like it. So, with both Boys I have got the "Birth Earth" for each. I thought this would be cool that both were born in different states neither that were in our hometown. All you have to do is go get a small jar from Michael's or even the Dollar Tree and put a little in there. So one day you can give to your Little one and show them the Earth they were born on. I will tell you that I grabbed the "Birth Earth" on the day we moved from both states. I couldn't leave without getting it. I just think it is one of the coolest things and the is the most memorable to me.



Baby Objects they were attached to
I can honestly say that neither of my Boys had a certain object they were attached to. Nothing. No Binkies, Blankets, Pillows, Bottle or even Stuffed Animal. I put this on here because I had a Baby Pillow. I knew how much it meant to me. My Mom made it when I was a baby and I kept it. The reason I kept it was because I know my Mom worked hard on it and that made it even more special to me. I thought it was awesome to have something my childhood I could pass down. I became excessive when I saved my Barney, Baby Bop, and Lion King magnet nose kissing animals (They actually sell a newer version of the Simba and Nola now since they remade the movie) and a couple more. So one day when you do save that something they might be even more grateful then when they were little.

Hand & Foot Prints
This is a must do. You can put them on the Birth Certificate or in their Baby Book. Or you can get creative! I forgot to do both and I kicked myself for a long time. When my Youngest was born I decided it was going to change. That is the time that my life changed forever. Pinterest. It gave me more ideas then my brain could process so I went crazy and did more crafts then I normally did. I got this adorable idea to make Footprints into Butterflies. I had to try.. There are so many things you can do. You can make Salt Dough Ornaments, Stepping Stones for your garden, Trace or paint their hand on a Plate and more! There are so many ways! Go to your local craft store and let the ideas come to you..




Calendar/ Baby Books
Calendars and Baby Books have been around for awhile and are pretty common. It is a great way to keep track of milestones and firsts. There are some Mom's out there that are amazing at this and that is awesome! If your not don't feel bad. If it makes you feel better I have a Baby Book for my First and not one for my Second.. But I do have a Calendar and keep better track then I did with my First so it's a Win-Win! Baby Books are fun because you can add Family history, Facts about the time and year they were born (like the price of Gas or Milk) and a note from Mom and Dad. I added an Envelope in the front of my book and added all different kinds of things. Some of the things I put in there were:
  • Hospital Bracelets 
  • Birth Announcement
  • First Baby Food wrapper
  • $2 bill got from an Aunt (tradition)
  • Stickers with Weight/Height from Check Ups
  • Newborn Diaper-not used;)
  • Baby Shower Invite/ Birthday Invites
  • First Drawling

And more! I kept all the same memorable things for my Second also. You can do whatever you can think of. It will be fun one day going through it with them.

Birth Story
I will give my Amazing Mother credit for this one:) This is a great way to remember and for you to have it down on paper incase. The best reason for this is because when the feelings are fresh, it's nice to know every little detail. You can Write it, Type it, Embroider it, whatever! haha Embroider. That is a good challenge! I put it in their Baby Book/ Memory Box for them to always have. I will say that my Second had a way shorter story then my First. That's the best part about having more, it gets easier! The best results come when the feeling is raw. 



Those were a few of My ways.. I am sure that everyone is different or has different ways of doing things. Since you are starting your Family or are getting ready to then make your own traditions and memories. Those are always the best. I know one day my Boys will appreciate all the things I have done and saved of their childhood and so will yours. They grow to fast to not make records of the little things. One word of advice that I'm sure that all Mommies will give is that Time flies. Way to fast and just hold on to every moment you can. One minute they are smiling for the first time to crawling. Then they are walking and talking and telling you No! and asking Why? (If you haven't hit that stage here is one word of advice: Patients) So hold on to them tight because it will be gone fast. 

I'm not going to ask questions probably till someone comments or I have more followers. I kinda feel funny asking anyways. But if you would like to leave a comment on ways that you have kept memories of your Little ones young or maybe something that your Mother did for you that you were grateful she did. 

God Bless,
Hillary




No comments:

Post a Comment